We believe the first building was here prior to 1813, but burned down. We believe the current foundation was built in 1812 the upper floors burned in 1845. We have no drawings or photos of these two early versions. The evidence for the second can be seen in the lintels over the three bay windows in the basement, visible above the porch floor, and the lintel and granite steps for the basement doorway. We believe the basement entrance was given up in 1846 with the new building construction with its three protruding bay windows from the dining room and including the current porch.
The building was the Richardson Store, the Boyce Store, and the Greene Store before 1920 when the Masons bought it and moved in from the Belden Block.
Fourth of July Parade 1899?